Submit Your World
To submit your casting information:
1) Make a short casting video using your smartphone or video camera and upload as a Private video to YouTube and start by clicking the upload button at the top. Provide us with the link AND PASSWORD to your video in the field indicated below.
2) You must fill out the form below and agree to all of the conditions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING YOUR VIDEO
Please make a short 3-5 minute casting video telling us why you are perfect for television. The most important thing is to be energetic and showcase your personality. Please talk to the camera and move around and be active while shooting the video. Most casting tapes of people who are sitting and talking to the camera do not usually get cast because their energy is low.
YOU WANT TO STAND OUT! If you get cast, we may use parts of the casting tape in a TV show, so make sure to have a good time while filming as it might appear on TV.Start the video by introducing yourself. BE HIGH ENERGY!
- Then tell us why your life would make for good television. Make sure you include the world that surrounds you, family, work, friends … There is rarely a show that is just about one person.
- Tell us about your personality…
- Also, how would your friends/family/colleagues describe you? Funny, annoying, impulsive? Feel free to interview them and have them tell us directly.
- Do you have a strange hobby, or bizarre interests?
- Explain the people that are in your life that would play a role on your show…
- Do you have very interesting friends and/or family characters in your life?
- How do you interact with these people?
- Do you have a secret that no one knows about you?
- Do you have a really crazy or funny story?
- Something that happened to you in your past?
- What did you learn from this experience?
- How did you grow/change?
A few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Please avoid noisy public places. Being inside is best, but if you shoot outside stay away from busy streets and any crowds. If it’s windy or rainy out please shoot inside. Noises that may seem hardly noticeable to our ears ends up as a very loud and distracting hum on the camera’s built in microphone.
- The shooter should be about 5 feet away from the subjects. This is so the camera’s built in microphone can pick up the people who are speaking much more clearly and we can understand what they are saying.
- Wear something that screams YOU, but nothing too tight or revealing. Also, please no stripes, white or logos.
*Make sure you show worlds that are important to your story. If it’s your family business show that. If it’s your work, show that. If you have crazy pets – show them…
These are just suggestions. You are encouraged to adlib and add your personality to the video. The more creative the better. If you come up with a fun idea go with it. Make sure your video pops out!
Please do not worry about doing any fancy editing and do as many takes as you would like.
Be yourself, show us who YOU are.
But mostly, have fun making the tape, as it will show through!
YOU MUST FIRST READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS IMMEDIATELY BELOW